Well, I think that my website move is under way. Sorry to do another post on this topic, but this process was more complicated then I thought it would be. Picking a webhost just might be harder than picking out new paint or furniture! Anyway, the only reason I am telling you this is because I will not be able to write again on here until the transfer is complete in 24-72 hours. (That’s a LONG labor!) Hopefully I will be up in time to do my give away tomorrow! If not, I will be back as soon as possible!
For now, ponder calming effect of this picture … Don’t you want to just go to Spring Creek Prairie Audubon Center with a picnic basket and a good book or two? I do. But as my kids are about to wake up, I am thinking this will not be happening!
My husband was teasing me that the picture that I used last night of the Nebraska dirt road seemed to say “Dead End.” That was not what I was exactly going for when discussing the move of my blog to a new ip address. :-) Peace and tranquility is more of the image I was hoping would appear!
Since all of this computer stuff has stressed me out a bit. I was definitely in need of a laugh. Someone posted this on the internet from an e-mail that was circulating awhile ago. Normally I would just link you to the page, but I am not sure that I trust that site. So, instead I am going to copy and paste. Hope you enjoy the list!
YOU MIGHT BE FROM NEBRASKA IF …
1) You’ve never met any celebrities.
2) Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
3) “Vacation” means driving to the Henry Doorly Zoo or going to the State Fair.
4) You’ve seen all the biggest bands ten years after they were popular.
5) You measure distance in minutes.
6) Down south to you means Kansas.
7) You know several people who have hit a deer.
8) You have no problem spelling or pronouncing “Kearney” and “Beatrice”.
9) You know the answer to the question, “Is this Heaven?”
10) Your school classes were canceled because of cold.
11) Your school classes were canceled because of heat.
12) You know what Huskers are.
13) You’ve ridden the school bus for an hour each way.
14) You’ve ever had to switch from “heat” to “A/C” in the same day.
15) You think ethanol makes your truck “run a lot better.”
16) You know what “knee-high by the Fourth of July” refers too.
17) Stores don’t have bags, they have sacks.
18) You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it no matter what time of the year.
19) You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: “Where’s my coat at?” or “If you go to the mall I wanna go with.”
20) You can locate Nebraska on the United States map.
21) Detassling was your first job.
22) Your idea of a really great Burger is when the meat is twice as big as the bun and accompanied only by ketchup and a dill pickle slice.
23) You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
24) You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, casserole, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.
25) When asked how your trip was to any foreign, exotic place, you say, “It was different.”
26) You carry jumper cables in your car.
27) You drink “pop.”
28) You know what the numbers I-80, 275 and 2 mean.
29) You know what “cow tipping” is.
30) You know what a “Runza” is.